Monday, April 7, 2014

Where are the fathers?

What happened to being a father?  I have been thinking of someone who is into "spreading his seed" and hopes he will avoid paying any child support.  Worse, is seeing this child being raised without a father.  This will be the third woman he has gotten pregnant.  He already has a six year old son, while his third child will be born later this year.  What gives?
I am not sure what is going through his mind.  Is he loving unprotected sex, and expecting these women not to get pregnant?  How come he doesn't take this serious?  Please note that his father was not much in his life either, and it looks like this will passed down to the next generation. 
What he brags about is that he already owes on child support, and he has made very little attempt to pay it, yet he and his father demand visitation to see his oldest.  It isn't money that his son needs, it is a father figure who he can grow up, admire and emulate.  He has no idea how much of an affect he will have by NOT BEING THERE.
My father was not in my life, either, but for an entirely different reason.  My mother refused any child support and avoided any contact with him.  Why?  He already got two women pregnant in high school and my mother did not know this before she married him.  During my mother's pregnancy with my sister, my mother found out he got two more women pregnant in the Philippines AND he managed to get one of his ex-girlfriends pregnant again from high school.  That was enough for my mother, to be married to a man who would pay child support for other kids.  Knowing that a man who would cheat in his marriage and be a father to seven children by the age of twenty-two was more than enough for a divorce.  He even had the nerve to tell his fellow sailors that me and my sister were not his, that my mother cheated on him.  So my sister and I had no father for virtually all our lives.
Remembering my life and growing up with no father figure hurt me in the long run.  I was scared to date, in fact, I did not have a long time relationship until I was 31.  If it wasn't for my time with God did I realize how much of a father is needed in any relationship.  I remember having to learn sports myself, and how much I felt alone as the only male in the household.  When my wife was pregnant with our first child, my promise to her and my son is they would have a father that will be there for them.
I hug my children every night I can.  Except for a six week time I spent in Erie, Pennsylvania, I have spent mostly every day around my children.  They know they are loved, and I remind them every chance I get.  I want my children to know their father is there for them.  I want my daughter to understand how a godly man should treat her when she gets older.  I want my son to know how to be a man and seek a godly woman when his time has come.  I want NEITHER of them to go through their growing years as I did, and that I promised God, and He has reminded me on this promise.
40% of all pregnancies today in America are now from unmarried women.  In the black community, this number is 75%, where there is no father in this children's lives.  We wonder why there is so much dysfunction in society today.  Chicago has such a truancy rate, it is scary what the next generation has in store for them.  Some are so illiterate, that the only job worthy in their eyes is dealing drugs.  Liberals believe there is nothing wrong, it is okay for "strong" single mothers to raise their children.  Encompass the feminist movement, even this group demand men not to be in their lives except to get pregnant, than they will show that men aren't needed. 
Fathers are authority figures.  Fathers are the spiritual heads.  God has called MEN to lead for the family.  When you take that part of the equation out, what is left for the children?  Anything goes.
There is a place for men, husbands and fathers.  God created procreation between and man and woman, and both are needed to raise a child.  Anything less will not be enough, and what damage is done can be devastating. 

Blessings,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

I, as moderator of this blog, hold the right to disregard and remove all comments that are hatred by nature. I uphold the rights of opinion and know there will be disagreements. This does not allow spewing of hate for another view for satisfaction. I am open to debate, but it should be kept civil, tranquil (if possible), and Biblical.
Thanks