Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Is the church effective in peaching?

Romans 3:20
    Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.


First and foremost, I will say I am not perfect in the LORD's eyes.  The Word says we all have sinned and fall short of His glory, this easily includes me.  The object is to FINISH the race, it isn't how we started.  To be blunt, I am still working on finishing the race and sometimes pride causes us to trip up.  Believe me, I have had plenty of spiritual bruises on my knees and legs.  Some days, I wish I could be like Smith Wigglesworth and Derek Prince.  Notwithstanding they had times but their studies and walk with the LORD I do envy to a point.

Now off to the point.  This will probably be short, since I want this to be thought provoking as well.  Does the teaching of sin come from the pulpit and propel you to be nearer to God?  Or does it tickle your eyes, avoiding anything that may be conceived as condemning, when it is convicting?  Even when churches finalize their Sunday meetings, by their invitation of those not saved does not make the definition of sin.  How does one learn to repent of sin (oh, wait, repent is a bad word, too) if they don't know what sin is? 

Ministries are more into numbers today than training and readying disciples.  I remember reading of one ministry that went to Africa and made mention of the 250k being saved in the meetings.    One man got that information on those people and went back six months later to see how they are doing.  Less than .5% were still in church.  What good did it do to brag on that number when almost all of them are back in the world? 

I am not here on this post to give an answer, maybe some will decide for themselves why this is happening?  Why many have chosen to water down the grace message and avoid preaching sin to keep them in the pews instead of a path to the LORD.  We are losing the war on America, the end days are fast approaching, and we seem to care less about it.  What would change your mind to get more active?

Jeremiah 6:16

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment

I, as moderator of this blog, hold the right to disregard and remove all comments that are hatred by nature. I uphold the rights of opinion and know there will be disagreements. This does not allow spewing of hate for another view for satisfaction. I am open to debate, but it should be kept civil, tranquil (if possible), and Biblical.
Thanks