Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Why does Mankind Do What It Does?

Sometimes I sit down wondering why man does the things that we do, including ones which are not good for you.  My grandmother used to say about biting my finger nails (which I still do) as a bad thing.  The list is endless by certain ones have baffled me on why people continue to fall in the same trap that was used in others and previous generations.
One is smoking.  Everyone knows it is unhealthy and may eventually lead to lung cancer and emphysema.  Yet, millions continue to be addicted to nicotine and teenagers are further enticed by peer pressure and believing this will prove their adulthood.  Marijuana isn't far behind, and now with technology they were able to make synthetic forms, and crude methods of meth.  I won't forget alcohol and the dangers when in quick succession of drinking.  We can go on with heroine and cocaine, many know the perils of being addicted and the difficulty of breaking free.  Even pregnant women get their babies hooked before they were born.
What disturbs me is we have the knowledge of right and wrong.  When we seek what is wrong, declare it my right, it still won't be right.  I smoked for almost ten years, getting caught in peer pressure while in the Navy.  After waking up coughing for fifteen minutes, I needed to quit.  I relied on God's will that I could no longer smoke, and He came through for me.  I know He can do the same for others.
Mankind does things for themselves first.  It will always use own will to satisfy this purpose.  Marijuana was against the law, now in some states it is now legal.  Alcohol is illegal until 21, yet, teenagers drink, college fraternities go on binges, knowing the possibility of alcohol poisoning taking another victim.  Governments spend hours making laws to prevent this, but the heart without God is bent on getting what they want, regardless of the consequences.  So, is the law, that we should continue to change with more punishment and amendments, the culprit?  Or is the heart?
So far the law hasn't changed a thing in the world?  Why?  The law isn't written on the hearts of men.  Until that is resolved, nothing will change.
As the man thinketh, so is he.

Blessings,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

I, as moderator of this blog, hold the right to disregard and remove all comments that are hatred by nature. I uphold the rights of opinion and know there will be disagreements. This does not allow spewing of hate for another view for satisfaction. I am open to debate, but it should be kept civil, tranquil (if possible), and Biblical.
Thanks