Friday, June 3, 2016

We are a Stiff Necked People

I am going to give another reason why I am a "Done" from the church.  Christians have no idea how stiff necked and selfish they are, and this includes me to some degree.  I recently seen a church go through what they deemed "transformations" but, in essence, it becomes the old adage:
"No matter how much things change, they always remain the same."

I watch churches make more determination to change the view of the way church looks than how it acts on the inside.  I have been part where I took some steps to be part of a church but watched them turn me away.  We have no idea how well we turn others off from the Christ that died for them.  
We treat churches like a business more than a family.  We have our favorites and many are willing to oversee much because it will affect what others see in our choices and judgment.  We fail to utilize the ability of the Holy Spirit to guide us corporately.  
Many of us, especially Christians, have hurts and past pains they have trouble getting over.  I have been treated poorly so many times in the past that the few times I have attempted to step up in my calling that the reaction I received has caused me to walk away.  I can trust Christ but I cannot trust the church.
I will not say that all of them are like this.  Somehow, this appears regional.  I truthfully cannot stand feeling purposely left out and lonely.  I am not sure I am not just speaking for myself but I bet there are more in church who wish they could feel more appreciated and part of this "family."  
It is sad that many parts of the leadership tell of reaching out to the community but can't reach out to their own.  It sounds more that these leaders care more about the numbers than what they will do once they get into the doors.  We don't truly see how truly broken the system is for our churches.
It needs a true fasting and praying session to get right down to where God wants His Church to be.  Anything else we do in an attempt to be His will is only making this a lie.

Jeremiah 6:15-16

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

I, as moderator of this blog, hold the right to disregard and remove all comments that are hatred by nature. I uphold the rights of opinion and know there will be disagreements. This does not allow spewing of hate for another view for satisfaction. I am open to debate, but it should be kept civil, tranquil (if possible), and Biblical.
Thanks