Friday, November 2, 2012

Luke 17:12-19
    And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:  And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.  And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

Here me out for what I am about to say.  You need to fully see where I am going without passing judgment on me.  Here goes.
I better make mention of this before I explain myself.  I acknowledge God heals, and the Holy Spirit does call for some public healings (1 Corinthians 12:9,28).  It does happen today as well as it did when Paul wrote the letter.  So do not throw stones on me for what I am about to say.
Someone once said that he could preach the true gospel of repentance and obedience, he may get a normal crowd.  If he was led by the Spirit and began healings, the next week word would get out and you couldn't empty to church if you could.  Once the healings were done, many would only return to bring a friend.  They would not be concerned of the message, or even remember it, but the healing would be the only thing on their mind.
I bring up the story of the ten lepers because only one of them came back to give glory to God through His Son.  Why is it that Christians tend to be the same way? 
In a book I read by Derek Prince called "You May Receive Power," he writes that God is more interested in "spiritual" healing than physical.  Why?  Your spirit moves on after death, your current body ultimately meets death.  Never does anyone say we shouldn't have physical healing, or God cannot do this, but why do we limit our view of healing to physical?  Some need emotional, others spiritual, others physical.  I have diabetes now for fourteen years, and fighting a frozen shoulder that is slowly improving.  But I haven't asked for healing in these.  Why?

Actually, my diabetes is a reason why I now dig deeper in His word and seek Him more at times.  My frozen shoulder has reminded me of my problem and is a constant reminder of fighting this "thorn in my side."  Justin Peters is a Baptist minister who has cerebral palsy.  He has sought healings from Benny Hinn Ministry several times but to no avail.  He finally realized that his cerebral palsy is a blessing, now he searches God with more fervently. 
There is a video on YouTube that humbled me and actually brought a tear to my eye.  It had a man (his first name was Garwin) who was wheelchair bound from a rare disease that turns muscle into bone.  The emcee asked Garwin about his faith in God and the answers shocked me.  He said he was thankful for seeing, for others could not see.  Some could not hear, he said he was thankful for hearing.  Because of his condition, he was most thankful for Jesus paying the penalty.  He was more thankful for the thing he could do, and not complain of the things or the the healing he didn't have. 
NOTE:  He passed away not long after the video was made.
If God chooses to heal me from my diabetes, He will do it on His timing, not mine.  It is amazing how many Christians will seek the manifestations for themselves more than for Him.  It is His holiness that attracts Him to His children.  We are to draw near to Him, but healing should not be our priority, and should be Him (James 4:8).  If there are healing to be made, let God choose when and how, not on your timetable.  Mostly, remember to return to Jesus and give glory, but let it be in a way where you seek Him diligently more each day.  Let it be a reminder that the God of Abraham and Jacob desires a relationship, and wants it with all His creation.  Show the world who He is, not just His hands.
Lastly, this story I read somewhere about a pastor and his wife's son.  When the son was young, he contacted a terminal disease.  For the next two years, the pastor and his wife prayed every day, fasted and the congregation joined him accord.  Eventually, the child passed away.  The pastor then spent time alone, asking God why He did not heal his son, according the His word.
"Where is your son," responded God.
"In heaven," the pastor replied.
"Is there sickness in heaven?"

"No."
"Then your son is healed."

Hebrews 11:39-40
    And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

I believe the pastor AND his son received a better thing.

Blessings,
mbn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I, as moderator of this blog, hold the right to disregard and remove all comments that are hatred by nature. I uphold the rights of opinion and know there will be disagreements. This does not allow spewing of hate for another view for satisfaction. I am open to debate, but it should be kept civil, tranquil (if possible), and Biblical.
Thanks